NHV Milk Thistle, Liver & Kidney Support
Milk thistle, also known as Silybum Marianum is an herb that has been used for thousands of years by humans for its powerful medicinal properties. The active ingredient is Silymarin which contains flavonoids that have many beneficial properties including:
- Antioxidant (acts as free radical scavengers)
- Detoxifies the liver & kidney
- Improves liver & kidney function
- Promotes cellular regeneration and repair
- Removes toxic chemicals that can accumulate
- Assists with detoxifying a damaged liver
- Enhances the regenerative effects by supporting and strengthening the liver
- Glycerin-based and safe for long-term use for those with liver disease, providing excellent proactive support and can be taken in conjunction with conventional treatment.
- Improves kidney function as well as aiding the damage that can occur in the body due to the use of drugs, radiation therapy, diabetes, and infections.
- Preliminary studies have shown Milk Thistle to improve markers associated with diabetic kidney disease in blood and urine.
- Due to the antioxidant properties, Milk Thistle may help reduce or slow down the growth of specific cancer cells.
- May protect and prevent cancer cells from dividing.
- Beneficial to pets undergoing chemotherapy. Helps detoxify the body and Silymarium may enhance the activity of certain chemo drugs.
100% natural & organic milk thistle seed extract, Purified Water, Glycerine
To be taken twice daily. The list below states the minimum dosage.
1 bottle is an estimated 3 month supply for small to medium sized pets.
Dosage based on cat/dog's weight.
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
This product is suitable for all animals, reptiles, and avians.
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
Do not use Milk Thistle in pregnant or nursing animals. Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.